The HisBA Board may only entertain formal requests for donations, sponsorships, and monetary support at the Board’s sole discretion. Such requests should be submitted electronically to the HisBA President in Word or PDF format at least forty-five (45) days prior to the date the requested support is needed. The request should contain the following information:
- The name of the requesting organization;
- The amount of money requested;
- The name, telephone number, and e-mail address of a contact person at the organization;
- The date the money is needed;
- The purpose or explanation of request (e.g., explain why HisBA's support is needed, why the funds cannot be obtained elsewhere, what HisBA's support will accomplish, how the supported effort's goals and objectives conform to HisBA's mission, etc.); and
HisBA’s goals are, in part, to provide legal services to the Hispanic community, to enrich and ensure the success of its members in the legal profession in Houston and to become involved in legal issues affecting the Hispanic community. Therefore, priority will be given to organizations and causes which support and further these goals. Generally, it is HisBA’s policy not to consider requests for monetary support to an individual. However, it is in the discretion of the HisBA Board of Directors to entertain those requests as it deems necessary or desirable in furthering HisBA’s mission, to the extent they are not prohibited under HisBA’s bylaws.